First Days Report (NEW)
Pepi-Pod Programme Report 2012-2014
Recent infant mortality changes in NZ
List of Works
- Transform-Blog version and all 45 previous email issues
Recent Published articles
Cowan, S., Pease, A., & Bennett, S. (2013). Usage and impact of an online education tool for preventing sudden unexpected death in infancy. Journal of paediatrics and child health, 49(3), 228-232.
Cowan, S., Bennett, S., Clarke, J., & Pease, A. (2013). An evaluation of portable sleeping spaces for babies following the Christchurch earthquake of February 2011. Journal of paediatrics and child health, 49(5), 364-368.
Cowan, S. (2010). Creating Change: How Knowledge Translates into Action for Protecting Babies from Sudden Infant Death. Current Pediatric Reviews, 6(1), 86-94.
2014 International Stillbirth, SIDS and Baby Survival, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2012 International Stillbirth, SIDS and infant Survival, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
(Oct 4-7 2012)
2010 International Stillbirth, SIDS and infant Survival, Sydney, Australia (Oct 2010)
- First Days: Report on a trial run of a small-sized infant sleep space for safer co-sleeping in postnatal facilities (26 Jan 2016) NEW
- The Rainbow Report: understanding recent infant mortality changes in New Zealand (2001-2014)
- 'Their First 500 Sleeps' a full report of the first three years of implementation of the Pepi-Pod Sleep Space Programme (2012-2014)
- 'Using Pepi-pods' (22 Feb, 2012) A report on feedback from families who used protected sleeping spaces for babies following the Christchurch earthquake of February 2011.
- 'Baby Essentials' (12 Jun 2012) Report on a blitz approach to education for aligning health and community sectors with essential knowledge and action for preventing sudden infant death in New Zealand
- Baby bed innovations (2011) A report of a trial of clip on cots in Canterbury, prepared for the Bioengineering Department of Canterbury DHB)
- For 'Baby Essentials' project materials click here (2009-10)
- For 'Baby Essentials' summary materials in 20 languages, click here(2010)
- 'Just Imagine'- a booklet of eleven stories on becoming smokefree in pregnancy
Archived (Smokefree Hospitals materials)