'Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.'
Harry S. Truman
What are we reading and writing?
We read broadly and across disciplines, media and topics, always on the lookout for patterns in what writers are thinking and researching. What we learn from reading, influences our work and writing. We share here some of what we read and write in the hope that it may be useful to others. Click these links to see a collection of recent and archived publications. They are a mix of project resources. reports, commentaries, published papers and some acase stories.
What we are reading
- 'Give and Take' by Adam Grant
- 'The Icarus Deception' by Seth Godin
- 'Parenting for a Peaceful World' by Robin Grille
- 'Ethical Ambition' by Derrick Bell
- 'Quiet: the power of introverts' by Susan Cain
- 'Drive: the surprising truth about what motivates us' by Daniel H Pink
- 'Inside Steve's Brain' by Leander Kahney (2008)
- 'Born to Run': A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen' by Christopher McDougall
- 'Traffic': Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us)' by Tom Vanderbilt
- 'Adapt': why success always starts with failure" by Tim Harford
- 'Getting to Maybe': How the World Is Changed' by Frances Westley, Brenda Zimmerman and Michael Patton
What we are writing
- 'Their first 500 sleeps' - a report on three years of the Pepi-Pod Programme in New Zealand
- 'The Rainbow Report' - an analysis of infant mortality statistics in New Zealand and patterns for the recent reductions